Monday, January 30, 2012

DIOR GARDEN PARTY: TULIP PINK REVIEW


I'm a sucker for limited edition makeup, so it's no surprise that I picked up quite a few items from Dior's new Garden Party collection. My favorite lip product from the launch is the Tulip Pink Rouge Dior lipstick (#448, $32 for 0.12 ounces). It’s a pink with a hint of coral and a cream finish. This lipstick feels much smoother on the lips than Dior’s other spring lipstick – the frosty Corolle Pink – nor does it settle into my fine lip lines.

In full sun, no flash.

I was expecting Tulip Pink to be a “my lips but better” shade, but it's too bright to fall into that category. The color initially seems somewhat sheer when applied, but it builds nicely to semi-opacity. I think this feature will make Tulip Pink the more popular of the collection’s lipsticks because it will suit a greater variety of women. Tulip Pink will probably work best with warmer/neutral skin tones, but it seems like it could be universally flattering. This shade looks nicer with my fair skin than I anticipated, but I think it will look better when I've had a little bit of sun. I know I'll get a lot of use out of this lipstick during the spring and summer!

In full sun, no flash.

Tulip Pink compared to the other "Garden Party" lip products:
Tulip Pink lipstick, Corolle Pink lipstick and Pretty Rose lipgloss.
Indoor natural light, no flash. 

Wear time seems to be on par with my other Rouge Dior lipsticks, although I still don’t believe Dior’s claims that this formula is long-wearing. I get about 3-4 hours of color from each application if I don’t eat or drink anything. This formula has a good amount of slip, so it’s moisturizing and comfortable on the lips; however, that slip also contributes to the color wearing off more quickly than compared to a drier formula.

OVERALL VERDICT: I love Tulip Pink because it instantly brightens my face without being overwhelming or looking like I’m trying too hard. It can be worn as a subtle wash or built up for a more intense look. The pinky-coral color will transition well through the warmer seasons, which makes the initial $32 price tag seem a little more reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment