Tuesday, January 24, 2012

DIOR GARDEN PARTY: COROLLE PINK REVIEW


Although winter has been unusually skimpy on snow where I live, I’m still sick and tired of the bitter chill and dreary gray tones that meet me once I step outdoors. When there’s no end in sight to those dreaded winter doldrums, I pray to the makeup gods for some colorful relief.  And this season, Dior answered – and big time! – with the romantic limited edition Garden Party.

Corolle Pink in natural light, no flash.

Among the items that I purchased from Dior's new collection, the first that caught my eye was the Corolle Pink Rouge Dior lipstick (#363, $32 for 0.12 ounces). It's a delicate and somewhat sheer frosty baby pink that is chock full of silver shimmer. Even though the grains of shimmer are small, Corolle Pink feels a bit gritty on my lips. I don't find it to be uncomfortable, but some women might.

In full sun, no flash.
With flash.

Corolle Pink isn’t the most pigmented Rouge Dior I’ve ever tried, but it still has better color payoff than the more sheer Dior Addict formula. The color shows up on my light lips, but I think women with more pigment in theirs may want to skip this lipstick in favor of the Tulip Pink Rouge Dior (comparison swatch below). I love the soft shade of this lipstick – it is the perfect pale pink with my fair complexion.

Corolle Pink compared to the other "Garden Party" lip products:
Tulip Pink lipstick, Corolle Pink lipstick and Pretty Rose lipgloss.
Indoor natural light, no flash. 

Wear time seems a little less than compared to my other Dior lipsticks, but that could be because the color is light and not as noticeable. Corolle Pink isn’t longwearing, but it lasts about 2-3 hours if I don’t eat or drink anything. 

I usually find the Rouge Dior formula to be rather hydrating and forgiving . However, the intense shimmer in Corolle Pink emphasizes lines and dry or flaky lips, so make sure to exfoliate and moisturize beforehand! Unfortunately, no matter how much I prep my lips, I feel like this color accentuates how cruel the winter has been to my skin. Perhaps my problem will be resolved when the spring arrives.

OVERALL VERDICT: I think reviews for Corolle Pink are going to be divided in terms of rants and raves because of the frosty finish and medium color payoff. If you want a natural look, I would definitely avoid this shade and go for the Tulip Pink; however, if you want a wash of shimmery color, this could be right up your alley. At $32 a pop, I recommend trying Corolle Pink at a Dior counter before purchasing it. Although I adore the  color, it makes my lips look like a chapped mess (even when they aren't). I’m torn between returning this lipstick or keeping it in hopes that it will look better on me in warmer weather. Overall, I think this is just an average product and not worth the expensive price tag.




No comments:

Post a Comment