Tuesday, July 17, 2012

STYLE ME: THE PERFECT SHOPPING SPREE OUTFIT


I stayed at my parents' house this past weekend to take care of Chloe, our 12-year-old Wheaten Terrier, while they were out of town. Despite my dog's age, she is still energetic and very playful! We went for a brisk hike Sunday morning before I left to run a few errands and severely harm my bank account at Nordstrom’s anniversary pre-sale. (I ordered some things online, too, so check back in a few days to see my new goodies and how I plan to style them.) Not wanting to miss out on any quality time with my awesome dog that I rarely see, I packed my overnight bag pretty quickly. Rather than take the time to plan an outfit or two, I just threw in some separates and hoped they would go together. Really smart, right? Out of the random assortment of clothes I brought, I thought these went together well enough and were perfect for a day primarily spent shopping. How so? Well...

Click on the photo for a closer look.

The purple shorts didn’t really serve a purpose other than to be adorable and colorful. I thought the muted shades of the flowy silk blouse grounded the shorts, despite the animal print. The top was thin enough to try on a blazer, sweater or jacket without having to venture into a fitting room. The white flip-flops slid right off, so I didn’t have to fumble with any buckles when changing shoes. This made the difficult task of finding the perfect fall boot a bit easier. (Side note, I found a few. They. Are. Fabulous.) I would have preferred a purse in a different shade (I find the black a bit jarring with the color palette), but I loved having my hands free while browsing. Plus, I like the bit of toughness that the silver studs provide. I threw on some silver chain-link earrings and my go-to watch to finish the look. I opted not to wear a necklace because I was concerned it might get tangled with the purse strap. (I'm totally lying. I actually forgot to pack a necklace, but that would have been true otherwise!) Overall, this was an easy pairing. What do you think?

What I'm Wearing:
  • Blouse: Joie (I recently bought this at a consignment shop. I haggled the price down from $50 to $15. I love to negotiate!)
  • Shorts: Mossimo Supply Co.
  • Sandals: Stuart Weitzman
  • Bag: Nine West
  • Watch: Burberry
  • Earrings: Judith Ripka – Sterling Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment