Tuesday, November 22, 2011

SHOP ONLINE AND SAVE MONEY


With the holidays (and Black Friday/Cyber Monday) coming up, I just had to pass this information along. If you’ve seen my YouTube channel or read about my recent Nordstrom excursion, you know I love to shop! This time of year, I try to avoid the stores. I don’t feel like dealing with the crowds, being near sick people, waiting on lines or driving around the mall looking for a parking spot. Instead, I prefer to shop online so I can stay in the comfort of my own home and in my pajamas.

This is where Ebates.com has come in handy for me over the years. (Disclosure: this is a referral link. Each person you refer will get you the same deal.) I’ve been using the website to shop since 2009 and to date, I have earned $277.27 cash back on my purchases and found coupons or stores I would have never otherwise discovered. Ebates pays its members via cash back checks or Paypal deposits quarterly, so if you join, you will receive payment every three months. The company is backed by the Better Business Bureau, so it is 100% legitimate and safe to use.

My most recent "Big Fat Check."

It's free to join and after signing up, you can pick one of the current bonuses: $10 gift card to Barnes & Nobles, $10 gift card to Target, $10 gift card to Home Depot, $10 to magazines.com, or $5 extra cash back in Ebates. For individuals who live outside of the United States and Canada, Ebates still works as long as the store you want to buy from ships to your country.

I’ll explain how Ebates works, but I think it’s easiest if I use the company’s own words. “Ebates is the pioneer and leader of online cash back shopping. Ebates pays members cash back every time they shop online as well as provide them with the best coupons and deals online “ (from the website’s “How Ebates Works” page).  “People often ask: ‘This sounds too good to be true, how are you able to do it?’ It really is quite simple. Just like almost every other online shopping center, we get a commission from the stores when you make a purchase. Instead of keeping that money - like almost all other sites do - we share it with you!” (found under “About Ebates”).

They work with over 1,200 stores that range from appliances to travel and everything in between. All stores they work with have secure transaction policies in place, so your personal data is safe. Ebates does not sell your information, nor will you see an increase in spam. Ebates will have some really big deals on Black Friday (November 25th) and Cyber Monday (November 28th), so check it out and start saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment