Tuesday, November 15, 2011

AN EPIC NORDSTROM HAUL

I love to shop! Anybody who has seen my YouTube channel probably knows that. Last week, Nordstrom had a double points event, so I decided to stop into my favorite store for a refreshing morning facial and some light shopping.  I only intended to purchase the M.A.C. Matchmaster foundation, Vanilla pigment and some Arcona skincare staples. Two hours later, I emerged with this:



Ok, so I went out of control. I wholeheartedly admit it. I’m going to blame my manic shopping spree in part on the fact that I recently finished a 6-week “no buy,” but also.... the holiday makeup collections just looked so pretty

It started innocently enough at Arcona. I had a 30-minute facial that transformed my tired, dull-looking skin into that of a goddess.  I bought the Basic-5 kit for problem skin and the Triad makeup removing pads before the SA threw in a few samples. I walked away with enough skincare to last at least 3 months and spending what I had intended.


I then went to the M.A.C. counter where my favorite SA was working. I told her I was interested in the Vanilla pigment and Matchmaster foundation, but she said the foundation isn’t ideal for my skin. Being the doll that she is, she gave me 3 sample jars filled to the brim with my correct shade so that I wouldn’t have to “waste [my] money.” Again, I walked away with what I had expected to buy. Less, actually.


The trouble started when I walked past Chanel. I wanted to try the Vitalumiere Aqua foundation after hearing such rave reviews. I was only interested in picking up a sample when I heard these dangerous words from behind the counter: “Would you like a complementary make over?”

I knew better, but I parked my bottom in that chair and didn’t leave for almost an hour. The makeup artist applied product after product, completely negating my facial. Once she finished caking makeup all over my face (a seriously terrible application), I walked away with the Vitalumiere Aqua in Beige Rose – Pastel, Ombre Essentielle in Beige Lame and Rouge Coco Shine in Boy. The SA threw in a white vinyl Chanel Beaute makeup bag, a disposable mascara wand to de-clump the lashes, a Coco Mademoiselle vial, a sample of the Ultra Correction Lift cream for lips and pint-sized Spark glossimer and Inimitable Intense mascara. Ok, so she hooked me up with gifts, but I spent much more than I had planned!


From Chanel, I wandered past the Dior counter while en route to my car.  I caught a glimpse of the Les Rouges Or collection out of the corner of my eye and stopped dead in my tracks. I swatched the Couture Golds palette and immediately had to have it. (Ironically, a major disappointment. Read about it here.) I also walked away with the stunning cherry red Merveille nail polish. With my wallet bleeding and my head spinning, I went home.


One would think this is the end of my financially woeful tale, but alas…it is not. The next day, I was surfing the web when I stumbled across some other Chanel and Dior holiday items that I had somehow overlooked.  Being the impatient but lazy buffoon that I am, I ordered three more items from Nordstrom to pick up at the store later that afternoon. Thus, to add insult to financial injury, I bought the Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in Triomphal, Dior Rouge Dior in Bell de Nuit and the Dior Celebration Collection deluxe multi-look palette…all for an additionally absurd $150.87.

As penance for my spending binge, I’m not allowing myself to buy the new storage unit(s) I’ve been drooling over for months (and really need) and I might start another project pan sooner than anticipated. Maybe that’ll teach me! (Or maybe I should just return most of what I bought.  **Pffft** Fat chance.)

Keep an eye out for swatches, photos and reviews of the items featured in this haul!

2 comments:

  1. I think you will love the Vitalumiere Aqua- it's my favorite! How do you like the Dior Celebration palette?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why the Vitalumiere Aqua is your favorite -- it doesn't look or feel like I'm wearing makeup! I'm not done testing the big Dior Celebration palette, but I like it so far. The lipgloss is the only dud I've encountered because it doesn't give my lips any color.

    ReplyDelete